Ok, since I still cannot sleep, I am pondering all of the little projects I’ve started over the last few days… and I keep coming back to the MPlayer issue; my Good Eats episodes need re-encoding 😉
I think I am going to try to add the codec manually in stead of submitting a help request. That way I can hopefully submit a working patch in stead of just a bug report. Following the instructions on the site, I think I have the following codec entry to test out.
12345678910 videocodec cyberlinkdvrinfo "CyberLink Video/SP"status untestedcomment "Windows Media Center DVR";fourcc "DVR " ; don't think that would work, stupid spaceformat 0x20525644 ; but this one shoulddriver dshowdll "" ; have to look up and copy over to the codec dirguid 0x083863F1, 0x70DE, 0x11D0, 0xBD, 0x40, 0x00, 0xA0, 0xC9, 0x11, 0xCE, 0x86guid 0xB1B77C00, 0xC3E4, 0x11CF, 0xAF, 0x79, 0x00, 0xAA, 0x00, 0xB6, 0x7A, 0x42
Feh. I have installed MPlayer, created a working codecs.conf file, and have installed a huge bundle of codecs onto Rincewind – only to realize that I don’t have a video to test with. Tarma is asleep right now and I don’t want to go in and wake up Penny, just in order to play with this (get a file to play with and possibly a dll). So, it looks like we will have to test this later on tomorrow.
Also, it looks like my audit report finally made its way through the mail server, so that’s good.
I think it is finally bed time.